Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Aztec Revival Coffee Table

This wonderful and peculiar table came into The Auction House as part of an estate.  Now, I love eccentric furniture .  And I love ancient stuff.  I was immediately sucked in by the Aztec Sun Stone top.  So this table was pretty much made for me.  Unfortunately I did not purchase it because my husband does not share my love for quirky furniture.  This semester, I'm taking a class on Colonial Revival and true to form, I gravitate towards a Colonial Revival that is not your traditional East Coast, Colonial Revival, centered on furniture and decorative arts that were used primarily in the original 13 colonies.  For my final paper I'm going to investigate the Aztec & Mayan influences on architecture and decorative arts during the 1920's.  Stay tuned.  Should be riveting.

No comments:

Post a Comment